JOB DESCRIPTION- PLACEMENT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Program Head, Head of Academics
WORK SCHEDULE:9.30 am to 6.30 pm [Monday to Saturday]
To obtain employment and experiential opportunities in business and industryfor students. Counsel, prepare, and enhance the hiring potential of students in the job market. Assist in the placement of eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact and tie up with companies to develop partnerships for placement, internship, and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Generate repeated Job opportunities for Academy students by maintaining productive employer relationships.
- Collaborate and promote Career Planning through in-class presentations, outreach, New Student Orientation, and in connection with Academy support services.
- Help students identify employment options that match their career interests.
- Schedule and follow up on student interviews with prospective employers.
- Market Career related events to business and industry by developing programs, targeting the right audiences, and working on constant promotions.
- Assist in organizing employment events, alumni meets, and calendar events of the department.
- Assist with maintaining employer database(s) of students placed. Maintain student files as needed.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports to all stakeholders.
- Attendingpromotional events, and presenting information and workshops at various business functions.
- Assist students in allaspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals.
- Participate in the coordination and organization of on-campus events such as the Career and
Internship job fair.
- Ensure that new jobs and internships are submitted and posted in various student groups.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with academic departments and all Academy stakeholders.
- Develop an active on-campus business and industry presence. Schedule and advertise campusrecruitment opportunities.
- Student- centered professional in higher education
- Ability and experience to interact andsupport a diverse student body in a positive, friendly, and welcoming manner.
- Any Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of work experience in job development and marketing is required.
- Previous work experience building employer relations in a higher education setting.
- Well-informed of job market trends, employer needs, and best practices in career services.
- Travelling is required for this role.
- Familiar with social media platforms.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Excellent presentation, networking, and communication skills.
- Collaborative and team orientedworking style.